step 1. What is actually NSLDS? The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the national database of information about loans and grants awarded to students under Title IV of the Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965. NSLDS provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants during their complete life cycle, from aid approval through disbursement, repayment, deferment, delinquency, and closure.
dos. Which are the supply toward advice held from the NSLDS databases? Information and data for NSLDS is received from the following sources:
- Guaranty Businesses, to have information about the Federal Family relations Education loan Program (FFELP)
- Institution out of Education loan Servicers (ED Servicers)
- Service away from Degree Business collection agencies Qualities (DCS), to possess details about defaulted finance kept by the Department of Degree
- Direct Loan Servicing (DLS), having details about Federal Head College loans
- Popular Origination and Disbursement (COD), to have Government Grant Applications suggestions
- Conditional Handicap Launch Recording Program (CDDTS), getting impairment mortgage guidance
- Central Control System (CPS), to own help applicant information
- Schools, to own information regarding Federal Perkins Loan System, student registration and you may aid overpayments.
step three. How many times ’s the suggestions and you will data current towards the NSLDS program? Schools or installment loans Washington their servicers report Perkins loan information monthly. Schools or their servicers report overpayments within 30 days of discovery of the overpayment. The DCS and DLS report information weekly. COD reports information daily on Pell, IASG, SMART and ACG grants. Schools and guaranty agencies also report enrollment at least monthly.
cuatro. Should i posting loan information and personal identifiers on the web? For almost all users, the answer is ”No.” Schools do not have the ability to update loans or personal identifiers online. However, limited users from a GA can update loan related information online.
Only data company can also be change loan relevant suggestions, always owing to its typical submittals to NSLDS
5. What section of the website do i need to use to fulfill the Body weight requirement? The FATs (Financial Aid Transcripts) are no longer a requirement. With postscreening and the introduction of the transfer monitoring process, schools are no longer required to respond to requests for paper FATs.
six. How do i suggest advancements otherwise transform toward web site? We encourage your comments. Please call the NSLDS Customer Support Center at 1-800-999-8219 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 9:00 pm ET or email us at
To own a particular organizations financing revealing schedule, look for the company with the Study Seller Agenda connect for the brand new Org case
7. Whenever is the NSLDS webpages offered? The NSLDS web site is available from 6am Monday (Eastern Time) to 7pm Saturday. Typically, the site is also available from 7pm Saturday to 5am Sunday and from 11am Sunday to 6pm Sunday, although outages may occur for system maintenance.
8. How can i get in touch with the new NSLDS Support service Center if the I’m a foreign university? The NSLDS Customer Support Center may be contacted by phone at 1-800-999-8219 or by email at
9. ’s the webpages safe? Yes. The first step is the use of a secure browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 11.x or above. Certain browsers and certain computers have the ability to communicate securely by scrambling the information as it passes across the Internet. The method of communication is called SSL, or Secure Sockets Layer. We require the use of a secure browser before a connection can be made to NSLDS. After you reach us using the secure browser, the information is also scrambled again to ensure only authorized NSLDS users can read it. The security of the system should always be your number one priority.